Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sydney Harbour by Night

Last year, I visited Sydney for my brothers 50th. I caught up with a couple of photographer friends one afternoon to shoot the harbour by night. We met up at Circular Quay during the afternoon, had a bite to eat at one of the hotels before shooting from a couple of vantage points.


We didn't have a lot of time after dark as they had to get home to their children, who are still teenagers, so I didn't get to as many spots as I would have liked. However, I truly appreciated their company and them making sure I was safely on the ferry back to where I was staying.

Sydney city skyline from Mrs Macquarie's Chair...

Sydney Harbour Bridge from the same location...

Circular Quay taken from the same location as my first shot...

Linking with these memes:

http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com.au/            http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com.au/            

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!

eileeninmd said...

Oh wow, the night shots are just gorgeous.. The reflections are beautiful. Great post and photos.. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

These are magnificent Liz!!!! I've been to Sydney several times but never seen the city by night.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I, too, got some photos in the harbour when we were there in February. Yours are great!

TexWisGirl said...

the bridge is awesome!

Unknown said...

My goodness, Liz, these lights and colors are so very beautiful. What a joy these must have been to capture.

I wish you a beautiful week, sweet friend. xo.

Amy said...

wow I love your photos! especially the night ones :-)

Pauline said...

You have such a talent for night photography, Liz. These are terrific!

NCSue said...

Gorgeous photos - what a lovely night scene!
Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/at-keyboard.html

Light and Voices said...

Nighttime is definitely the time to photograph this scene. Great job!
JM, IL-U.S.A.

Kim, USA said...

Jaw drop here!!

Thank you in linking Water World Wednesday. I do appreciate it and see you next week!
Kim,USA

Powell River Books said...

The colours of the lights at night are spectacular. - Margy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...