Tuesday, February 3, 2015

ASPIRATIONS

I aspire to do/be many things. But the most important ones, I believe, are those that are intangible and immeasurable:
1. To be GRATEFUL.
2. To be HAPPY. 
No matter what your circumstances or experiences in life may be, you can always make the choice to be grateful, and therefore, happy.


Towards the end of 2010, in response to circumstances in my life and health, I found myself in a place of utter desperation. I fell into a deep, dark depression & saw no reason to live.
I had lost sight of the blessings I still had - life, love, family.



Then, I made a choice that changed my life & my outlook. The more I focused on gratitude, the happier I became. I still have days or weeks here and there when I get overwhelmed BUT it doesn't take long before I refocus my thinking.
My health hasn't really changed much, but my attitude has.



So, my ASPIRATIONS in life are simple: GRATITUDE & HAPPINESS

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots! And yes, being grateful does bring about joy.

orvokki said...

I like this post. You say just right.
And the photos are wonderful.

Bas. said...

prachtig hier kan je echt naar verlangen.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely images, the beach shot is my favorite.. Have a happy day and week ahead!

TexWisGirl said...

you share such beauty and i know you are grateful for it every day.

Unknown said...

Oh, my ... your shots are so crisp and beautiful ... truly inspiring.

Juliana said...

Чудові фото. Нагадали мені про літній відпочинок...

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

Brian King said...

Gorgeous photos, Liz! Love that lone tree! Your work is fabulous so don't give up!

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful photos and very inspirational words. I'm glad that you've found your way back to a happy place.

The "secret" in the book of the same name, is to feel fortunate, grateful and happy. Those positive affirmations, draw more good things and feelings to you. We should all do these things. I try to remember it, every day.

The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale says the same thing. The secret is a "new age" kind of book, but Peale's book was first published over 60 years ago!

sorry about the long comment...

Lisa Gordon said...

You have such a wonderful spirit, my friend! xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...