Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend Flowers: Hibiscus Beauty



This week I stopped by Brisbane's City Botanic Gardens. I hadn't been there for a number of years and decided now that Spring is well and truly underway, I would see what treasures I could find.
I found a circular garden with a multitude of different coloured Hibiscus. They always make great specimens for macro shots because of their prominent pistil and stamen structure.
Here are just some of the shots I captured:
I love this yellow one - simple colours but so textured
I love the variety of colours in this one - from the petals, to the pistil & stamen structure
Instead of growing sideways, as the usually do, this one was facing upwards.
Which also made it very easy to capture this view
Even the buds are beautiful with their crepe paper-like petals
This flower was only partially opened but still beautiful with it's colour variation in the petals
This orange one was just so gorgeous with it's extra ruffled petals!

Hibiscus flowers are so beautiful! I hope you enjoy these as much as I did capturing them. :)
Also sharing at:

Macro Flowers Saturday badge 1



10 comments:

Charlene N. K. said...

Stunning macros and lovely colors! Yes, I enjoyed viewing them.

Donna said...

These are gorgeous photos of hibiscus in some lovely colors!

TexWisGirl said...

hi liz! these are gorgeous images!!! i really like the soft yellow one(s)! just lovely! thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment! i really appreciate it! god bless you and yours!!!

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful macro shots! thanks for joining us :)

Nadege, said...

Beautiful macro captures. Hard to pick a favorite.

Seeing Each Day said...

I've enjoyed looking at all your shots - they each haven't a different feature I really like. Particularly love the swirl effect from the yellow one, the composition and angle of the first red one, and the apricot closed up bud.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Delightful photos Liz, you have caught some wonderful hibiscus flowers.

Maia T said...

What a feast for the eyes!. Gorgeous hibiscus flowers and your macros are simply fantastic.

Anonymous said...

This would probably have to be my favourite post so far. You have come such a long way in such a short time with your photos. You will have to take me here :) x

ShonEjai said...

Very nice! This flower is so hard to photograph and you did it very well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...