Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend Flowers: Beauty in my Street

After a lovely Friday afternoon with my two youngest Ben & Bec, I went for a walk with my camera. The plan was to photograph the sulphur crested cockatoos that congregate on the street corner. Sadly they flew away, so I decided it was a perfect opportunity to get some flower shots for "Weekend Flowers".

I love these little pink daisies:


This African Iris is growing along our back fence:


These beautiful rose buds are in a neighbours front garden:


The same neighbour has rows of lavender... I had no idea this little creature was on the flower!!


And even these weeds have a beauty of their own...




Sharing with Weekend Flowers on Friday 


10 comments:

ShonEjai said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I especially love the first photo. Amazing!

Michael S-B said...

I have to agree, Liz. Gorgeous!

Carole M. said...

...yes I love the daisies too!

Unknown said...

Very pretty and how funny to discover that tiny little caterpillar. lol

Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great day

Lisa Gordon said...

These are just gorgeous Liz!
I especially love the first one.
Such beautiful colors.
Have a great weekend!

Jama said...

They are just lovely!

Seeing Each Day said...

Shame the birds flew away but you still got some great photos instead. Those little daisies look so very pretty - you must have been tempted to take some home and put in a vase. Such a clever and interesting perspective you've taken with the iris-really lovely work.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful, love the first one Liz.

Joyful said...

You've managed to get some fabulous shots!

Tina´s PicStory said...

thanks for this lovely macro shots! i love the white iris :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...