Monday, October 24, 2011

The Creative Exchange: Rural Inspiration

On Saturday we took a drive down to a rural area of Brisbane, looking to capture something outside of the "normal". There were plenty of stops on the way and I came home satisfied with almost 300 photos. I have so many favourites. It was a lovely "adult" day out with my husband and my photographer daughter. I hope you enjoy...

"Oooh pine cones!! Can you pull over, please?"

I have been wanting to photograph a windmill... not quite with this backdrop but I was searching for "different".

I love these little old farm shacks - they probably had a great purpose long ago.



What a serene little farm...

With a pelican on the on the dam...

I love the way Mr Pelican knew I wanted something different...

There were plenty of people fishing along the river... I love the reflections.

A little bit of shadow fun in the enormous parklands at our final destination.

I am grateful for a lovely day with those I love, and of course the opportunity to capture anything & everything with my camera.

Thanks for stopping by... why dont you join in the fun by clicking the link below:

11 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful rural Australia. Nicely done Liz.

hannah said...

something different alright.
I so enjoyed this.
Loved the rusty aeolian structure, completely hampered by palmtrees from ever rotating much again.

EMily said...

What a fun day with the fam!

Connie Smiley said...

Loved the tour, with your wonderful country shots, and I'm glad you pulled over for the pine cones.

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful Liz, especially that windmill. Thank you for taking us along on your "adult" day!

Thank you also for sharing at The Creative Exchange today.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Seeing Each Day said...

Glad you're having some days like these that are hopefully rejunivating at the moment. 300 photos -well done! Particularly love your shot of the farm with the fence in the foreground and the one of the pelican from behind - so much colour and texture in the water.

Anonymous said...

What a successful photo outing you had! Lovely shots!

Jenni said...

A very successful day photographically...love the old buildings and windmill.
Sounds like it was a fun day and hopefully a little rejuvenating. Cheers,
Jenni

ShonEjai said...

Very nice photos! Love the pine cones!

Betty Manousos said...

absolutely exceptional shots!

great landscape, too.
looks like a perfect, fun day!


i love your blog.

have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, these are great & all the way from Australia... Niiice! =) If you don't mind, I'd like to link this post on Monday's Barn Charm... I'd love for the others to see it! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...